For Parents Guardians
Jessie Clark offers a variety of opportunities for families to participate in their child's learning. Anyone interested in volunteering must register with FCPS and pass a criminal background check. You can also find out about districtwide opportunities here.
Please refer to your Student Code of Conduct for excused absences and review the following reasons considered excused by Board Policy:
- Death or severe illness in student’s immediate family.
- Student illness, after 10 cumulative days due to illness students are required to have a physician written statement for each additional absence in order for the absence to be excused.
- Religious holidays and practices approved 3 days in advance.
- Medical and Dental appointments with a Doctor’s signed statement.
- Three days for family emergencies.
- Three visits to colleges or Universities with the Principal approval 3 days in advance.
- One day for attending the Kentucky State Fair.
- Court appearance excused only for the length of time of the scheduled court appearance.
- One day prior to departure of parent/guardian called to active military duty and one day returning from military duty.
- Up to ten school days for and educational enhancement opportunity determined by the Principal. An application may be obtained from the school and returned completed at least 5 days prior to the absence.
- Other valid reasons determined by the principal.
- All other absences are considered unexcused absences.
(Note: Personal family trips are considered an unexcused absence.)
Visit the district's IC Parent Portal support site where you can:
- Request an activation key to create a Parent Portal account;
- Reset your password or retrieve your username.
- Ask for extra assistance.